At first glance, you might think summer is the best time to visit our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast. However, now that summer is nearing its end, it’s time to let you in on one of our best-kept secrets. The best time to visit our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast is actually in the fall, between September and October.
Though we’d never tell you there’s a bad time to visit our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast (and we wouldn’t be lying!), there is something extraordinary about fall. As the shoulder season hits, the crowds disperse, and you’re left to enjoy the remarkable beauty of this historic town to yourself. And, with more than 400 years of history, there’s definitely no shortage of things to do throughout the year!
Newport, RI is a city best known for its dramatic and rocky coastline and magnificent Gilded-Age mansions – but that’s just the start of all the great things to do in Newport, RI. Make our Newport Inn your home away from home this fall, and let us show you just how amazing this city can be during the quiet fall months. Book your room with us today!
Fall at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast
Though you won’t necessarily find the highly sought-after east coast fall foliage here in Newport, you will still enjoy plenty of vibrant fall colors around every turn. As excellent as Newport’s fall foliage can be, that’s not the primary reason we consider fall the best time to visit our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast. That has much more to do with the reduced crowds in town during fall, leaving you more time and space to explore, relax, and enjoy an authentic taste of Newport.
While you’re in town enjoying all of the best things to do in Newport, RI, let us treat you to a few days of bliss at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast. Our Inn is situated ideally to enjoy the best of Newport. We’re within walking distance of many of the top Newport, RI restaurants, not to mention attractions like the Newport Mansions, the Newport Art Museum, Bellevue Avenue with its excellent shopping, and so much more.
Not only will you be well-located to enjoy all the best things to do in Newport, RI, but you’ll be treated to exceptional hospitality and excellent service. Our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast is one of the best places to stay in Newport, RI, providing the perfect space to share some quiet downtime in one of our well-appointed guest rooms. Each guest room is outfitted with all the comforts you crave of home, including luxurious sheets and plush robes, and some even have fireplaces, private decks, or whirlpool spas.
One of the most popular perks that are included when you stay with us at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast is a complimentary breakfast served fresh to you each morning of your stay. Our menu changes regularly and focuses on fresh and seasonal treats, all of which provide the perfect fuel for your fantastic fall day ahead.
The Best Things to do in Newport, RI This Fall
There are truly so many wonderful things to do in Newport, RI, and this fall is your best opportunity to enjoy them without having to contend with big crowds and wall-to-wall people. We’d love to be your guide to the city this fall. Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite things to do in Newport, RI.
- Walk the scenic Cliff Walk, where you’ll enjoy stunning coastal and mansion views that are only made better when the bright pops of fall color start to show themselves.
- Tour the famed Newport Mansions – and do it without the busy throngs of summer crowds!
- If you don’t want to walk the Cliff Walk but still want to enjoy those classic coastal views, consider the 10-mile scenic Ocean Drive.
- Have a drink or meal at The Lawn at Castle Hill. From here, you’ll enjoy unprecedented views of Narragansett Bay.
- Fall weather is still pretty mild, which means it’s still a great time of year to get out on the water and sail around Narragansett Bay. There’s nothing more quintessential Newport than that! There are several charters and tour companies offering a variety of sailing adventures, including sunset sails.
- Walk, shop, and eat your way through Thames Street, America’s Cup Avenue, and Bellevue Avenue, sightseeing as you go.
- Explore Fort Adams, and stay long enough to enjoy one of the best sunsets of your life.
- Fall is a fantastic time to enjoy sipping local wines or heading to one of the great breweries around town.
- There’s always great seafood to enjoy at the top Newport, RI restaurants, but you can also feast on some of your favorites at the Bowen’s Wharf Annual Seafood Festival.
- You can even enjoy some quintessential fall fun while you’re in Newport, including going out to local farms and orchards for a fresh take on the seasonal harvest.
As you get ready to enjoy the top things to do in Newport, RI, let our Newport, RI treat you to the relaxing and upscale getaway you deserve. Our Newport RI Bed and Breakfast is just a block from the harbor, restaurants, and shops on Thames Street and is 1 1/2 blocks from Bellevue Avenue with its mansions, shops, and the Tennis Hall of Fame. We’re the perfect home away from home for your romantic getaway.
Treat yourself to something special this fall, and spend some time with us at our top-rated Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!