There’s a lot to love about the incredibly scenic town of Newport, RI, not least of which is the incredible range of Newport restaurants you can enjoy while you’re here! Newport, RI, is a foodie town with a diverse and delicious array of restaurants to choose from. In between those adventures to the Newport Mansions, art museums, Tennis Hall of Fame, and more, make sure you take the time to enjoy as many Newport restaurants as possible.
Beyond coming for the great food and the breathtaking scenery, visitors to the area are looking to take time out of their busy schedules and find a place to relax and unwind. That’s exactly what you’ll find at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast. We’re located just a block from the harbor, restaurants, and shops on Thames Street and are 1 1/2 blocks from Bellevue Avenue with its mansions, shops, and the Tennis Hall of Fame. Everything you love about this incredible city by the sea is at your fingertips when you choose to stay with us. Book your stay at our Newport RI Bed and Breakfast today!
8 Delicious Newport Restaurants to Try This Fall
The possibilities are endless in Newport, RI, depending on what kind of vacation you want to have. Whether you’re looking for a romantic escape by the sea or an adventure-packed journey into historic Rhode Island, this charming island has exactly what you’re looking for. To keep you fueled up during your time here, there are plenty of wonderful Newport restaurants to sample, too. In fact, many people come to the area specifically for the amazingly fresh seafood and other delectable cuisine found in Newport restaurants!
Though there’s plenty of diversity in what each restaurant offers, many of them share one commonality: They focus on fresh and local food whenever possible. Here are 8 of our favorite Newport restaurants. We hope you give as many of these a try as you can!
- 22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grille offers more than just great food and drinks – they also serve up classic waterfront views of the Newport RI area.
- White Horse Tavern is the oldest tavern in the United States, housed in a National Historic Landmark on Marlborough. It’s one of the most popular Newport restaurants, and for a good reason. The food is delicious, and the upscale contemporary ambiance is divine. Reservations are highly recommended.
- Clarke Cook House is well known for its innovative and sensational cuisine and its upscale, relaxed environment.
- Bouchard Restaurant, located on Thames Street, is an exquisite place for fine dining and romantic evenings. Their menu features a range of gourmet French cuisine, and the atmosphere here is nothing short of sophisticated elegance. The wine list is also extensive. The dress code is strictly enforced, and reservations are highly recommended.
- For a delightfully romantic dinner at one of the best Newport restaurants, head to Castle Hill. Their airy and bright wood-paneled Dining Room is spectacular, and this meal will truly be your pièce de resistance for your romantic getaway!
- If you’re looking for relaxed, casual pub fare that is still delicious, head to Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant on the bustling Thames Street. The walls of this pub are adorned with an eclectic mix of historical, nautical paraphernalia, which adds to the experience.
- Salvation Cafe is a popular spot with locals, and it doesn’t take long to see why. Inside their rustic barn dining room, you’ll find a seasonal mojito bar and garden and a fresh, innovative menu featuring local vendors whenever possible.
- For some deliciously fresh and locally-inspired Mexican cuisine, head to Perro Salado. The atmosphere here is cozy and festive, the food and tangy margaritas are delicious, and there is often live music.
The Best Newport RI Bed and Breakfast
While there are plenty of places to stay in the area, there’s nowhere quite as nice as our Newport RI Bed and Breakfast. There are just 5 luxuriously appointed guest rooms at our Bed and Breakfast, which means you’ll never be surrounded by the large and sometimes raucous crowds that can be encountered in large hotel chains. All beds are triple-sheeted for your comfort, and some rooms have balconies and whirlpool tubs for an added touch of indulgence during your stay.
On each morning of your stay, we’ll treat you to an incomparably delicious breakfast from 8:45-10:00 in our formal dining room. Our breakfasts always feature coffee, tea, granola, and yogurt, followed by your choice of one of two entrees, one sweet one savory. If you have any special dietary needs or allergies, please let us know, and we will happily adjust our menu to fit your needs.
Our Inn is also well-situated in downtown Newport, within a short drive or walk to all of the best attractions in the area, including these top Newport restaurants. It’s the perfect place to relax, unwind, and enjoy the stunning beauty of fall. Our small boutique size and exceptional hospitality are just a couple of things that set us apart from other Newport RI Bed and Breakfasts and hotels. Let us take care of you in style this fall. Book a room at our Newport RI Bed and Breakfast this fall.