Romantic dinners out with your sweetheart are nothing new. But, with romance on the hearts and minds of many this February, we thought it’d be a good time to feature the Clark Cooke House, one of the best Newport, RI restaurants for romance. The picturesque 18th-century building may be enough of a reason for you to dine at the Clark Cooke House – it oozes charm! But, any visit here is truly all about the food – it’s simply delectable.
Of course, the Clark Cooke House is one of many fantastic restaurants to enjoy while visiting our Bed and Breakfast in Newport, RI. There are plenty of places to wine and dine your sweetheart, including a healthy range of fantastic seafood restaurants in Newport, RI – exactly what you’d expect in a seaside destination like ours!
Wherever you choose to dine, we’d love to share our love of great food with you just as much as we’d love to share our love of this incredible town. There are so many fantastic things to do in Newport, RI. Stay for a while, and let the relaxed charms of this seaside destination woo you. You won’t be disappointed.
While you’re enjoying the best of Newport, there’s only one place worth staying: Our Bed and Breakfast in Newport, RI. We’re located a block from the harbor and many of the best Newport, RI restaurants, not to mention many of the top things to do in town. Now’s the perfect time to plan your trip. Book your stay with us today!
A Romantic Dinner at the Clark Cooke House
The Clark Cooke House is one of the most sought-after restaurants in Newport, RI. The environment is as casual as it is sophisticated – a perfect representation of Newport, RI as a whole. The innovative cuisine at the Clark Cooke House has been a fixture in town for decades, and the restaurant has led the local farm-to-table movement. The menu is diverse and changes with the seasons, but you can always expect to find delicacies like fresh fish alongside fresh and locally sourced produce and other farm-fresh ingredients.
The exquisite food at the Clark Cooke House has earned the admiration of many top publications, including Food & Wine, Travel + Leisure, and USA Today, all of which have raved about the food and dining experience at this staple Newport, RI restaurant. The menu at the Clark Cooke House features precisely what you’d expect – plenty of fresh seafood, from things like fresh oysters on the half-shell, native lobster, and crabcakes to sensational entreés of the highest caliber.
Walking into the Clark Cooke House, you’ll find yourself in the Bistro and Candy Store, the main dining area with a central signature bar. In addition to this dining space, there’s the Boom Boom Room, a dance club in the Basement, and The Skybar, a sophisticated bar overlooking the Harbor. In addition to offering a casual yet sophisticated interior, the Clark Cooke House has exquisite outdoor dining that is perfect during warmer months.
The Clark Cooke House is located just a quick 5-minute drive from our Bed and Breakfast in Newport, RI, or a casual 10-minute walk. You’ll find it at the popular Bowen’s Wharf area of downtown Newport.
More Great Newport RI Restaurants
The Clark Cooke House is but one of many fantastic Newport, RI restaurants to enjoy while you’re in town. Whether you’re looking for a romantic evening, a quick bite, or more locally sourced seafood, you’ll find something here for every moment and taste. Below, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite Newport, RI restaurants for you to try next time you visit us at our Bed and Breakfast in Newport, RI.
- The Clark Cooke House isn’t the only great place for a romantic meal. Another fantastic option is Bouchard Restaurant on Thames Street. The focus here is gourmet French cuisine with an elegant and elevated atmosphere. Reservations in advance are highly recommended.
- For an upscale evening with a touch of history, head to White Horse Tavern, the oldest tavern in the country.
- If you’re in the mood for a classic plate of fish and chips, don’t miss The Mooring. It’s an institution among Newport, RI restaurants, and the views from here are simply stunning.
- Newport, RI restaurants aren’t all about seafood. You can also enjoy some classic Italian fare at staples like Giusto’s.
- Oysters are having a cultural moment, so if you’d love to get your hands on some fresh oysters, head to Midtown Oyster Bar. They have a great raw bar and a fantastic seafood-focused menu for everyone else.
- Another excellent place for fresh, local seafood is Benjamin’s Raw Bar on Thames Street. The space is cozy and inviting, and the food is always delicious.
- Lazy summer days under the warmth of the Newport sun are synonymous with lobster rolls, and there’s no better place to get your hands on one than the Easton Beach Snack Shack. It’s only open seasonally, but it’s more than worth the wait. You can also compare it to the lobster roll at the famous Anthony’s Seafood.
- If waterfront views get you in the romantic mood, head to 22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grille.
From delicious meals at these top Newport, RI restaurants to fantastic adventures on the water, there are so many things to do in Newport, RI. Stay for a few days and enjoy the best of this coastal town with us. Our small boutique size and exceptional hospitality are just a couple of things that set our Bed and Breakfast in Newport, RI apart. Book a room today.