Inn Amenities & Policies
We are currently closed for the winter and will be re-opening in mid-April.
Inn Amenities & Policies: At the Samuel Durfee House, we have always been committed to providing our guests a clean, safe and enjoyable visit. Due to Covid-19, we are altering and changing our policies, including how amenities are offered, to ensure our guests receive the highest standards of safety and care. We are following CDC guidelines and the State and local regulations~as these have changed many times over the past couple of years, we may require masks, vaccination or negative tests depending on current recommendations.
- Coffee and tea are available in your guest room using Keurig machines for you to enjoy when you please. Also, all guest rooms have a refrigerator, wine glasses, corkscrew, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, extra blanket and robe.
- A full gourmet breakfast is served each morning from 8:30 to 9:30, coffee and tea available beginning at 8am. You may enjoy breakfast delivered to your room or served on the guest patio or dining room.
- In lieu of communal afternoon refreshments, afternoon baked treats are delivered to your room.
- Beach towels are available upon request.
- Our commitment to cleanliness has always been a top priority. Guest rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between guest stays. Once you have checked-in, we will not have anyone enter your room to clean unless it is requested. Guest common areas and surfaces are cleaned and sanitized several times a day. Hand sanitizer is available in common area locations.
- Check-in is from 3 to 6 PM. In addition to in-person check-in we will now be offering self check-in if you prefer. Advance arrangements must be made for self check-in and check-ins after 6 PM. Check-out is by 11am.
- Complimentary wifi is provided.
- Off-street parking is provided, one space per room.
- In accordance with state fire law, there is no smoking or vaping allowed in the Samuel Durfee House and the use of candles is not permitted in guest bedrooms.
- Children 8 and over are welcome.
- We do not accept pets.
- The Samuel Durfee House is air conditioned in the summer months.
- All of our guest rooms can only accommodate two guests.
To guarantee your reservation a 50% deposit per room booked, is required. A refund less $25 cancellation fee per room cancelled will be issued if cancelled 21 days or more in advance of the date of arrival. For reservations booked less than 21 days in advance of arrival the full total is required. If you cancel less than 3 weeks (21 days) in advance of the date of arrival, we will only issue a refund (less $25 fee) if we are able to rebook the entire cost of the reservation. Last minute cancellations are not always easy to rebook and as a small business, greatly affect us. If you need to cancel less than 3 weeks in advance, the more notice you give us, the better chance we have of rebooking your room thus allowing us to refund (or partially refund) your deposit. There is no refund for no-shows or for early departure.
We do not allow groups to book more than two rooms without prior consent from the innkeepers. If you are interested in booking the entire inn, please contact us. We only allow whole house rentals from November through April.