Inn Amenities & Policies
Inn Amenities & Policies: At the Samuel Durfee House, we have always been committed to providing our guests a clean, safe and enjoyable visit. Due to Covid-19, we are altering and changing our policies, including how amenities are offered, to ensure our guests receive the highest standards of safety and care. We are following CDC guidelines and the State and local regulations.
- Guests are asked to please wear a face covering when in common areas and to maintain 6 feet distance from those not in your party.
- Coffee and tea will now be available in your guest room using Keurig machines for you to enjoy when you please. Also, all guest rooms have a refrigerator.
- Guests will have a choice of a full gourmet or continental breakfast, served with social distancing practices and precautions in our dining room, guest patio or delivered boxed style to your room to be enjoyed in your room or taken us a picnic.
- In lieu of communal afternoon refreshments, upon your arrival you will have a welcome bag in your room with snacks and goodies to enjoy throughout your stay.
- Complimentary WI-FI is available, throughout the inn.
- Robes, wine glasses, corkscrew, ice, and beach bag with towels are available upon request.
- Our commitment to cleanliness has always been a top priority. Guest rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between guest stays. Once you have checked-in, we will not have anyone enter your room to clean unless it is requested. Guest common areas and surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized several times a day. Hand sanitizer will be available in common area locations.
- Check-in is from 3 to 6 PM. In addition to in-person check-in (with social distancing in place), we will now be offering self check-in if you prefer. Advance arrangements must be made for self check-in and check-ins after 6 PM. In order to enable contactless payment, we will be charging your card the balance due at 9 am on the day of arrival. Check-out is by 11am.
- Off-street parking is provided, one space per room.
- In accordance with state fire law, there is no smoking or vaping allowed in the Samuel Durfee House and the use of candles is not permitted in guest bedrooms.
- Children 8 and over are welcome.
- We do not accept pets.
- The Samuel Durfee House is air conditioned in the summer months.
- All of our guest rooms can only accommodate two adults. The Doris Duke Suite can accommodate up to 3 people with advance notice, there is an additional fee per person per night over 2 people. The Harrison Suite can accommodate two adults and one child age 8-17, for an additional fee.
Updated cancellation policy due to COVID-19 for reservations made 4/15/2020 through March 2021: When you book a reservation, we will charge a one night deposit. If you need to cancel, you may do so up to 1 week before the arrival date and receive a refund less $20 cancellation fee. The cancellation fee will be waived if you choose to receive your refund in the form of a gift certificate to the Samuel Durfee House for a future visit. If you cancel less than a week in advance and by 9 am on the day of arrival, a gift certificate will be issued. There will be no refund if you do not show up or if canceled after 9 am on the day of arrival or for early departures.
Policy effective 4/1/2021: To guarantee your reservation a one night deposit per room booked, is required. A refund less $25 cancellation fee per room cancelled will be issued if cancelled 21 days or more in advance of the date of arrival. If cancelled less than 21 days in advance a refund will only be given if we are able to rebook the entire cost of the reservation, the $25 fee will apply. There is no refund for no-shows or early departures.
For guests with reservations made for the year 2020 prior to 4/15/2020 that need to cancel, please contact us directly for our adjusted cancellation policy.
We do not allow groups to book more than two rooms without prior consent from the innkeepers. If you are interested in booking the entire inn, please contact us. We only allow whole house rentals from November through April.