Inn Amenities & Policies
We are currently closed for the winter and will be re-opening in mid-April.
Inn Amenities & Policies: At the Samuel Durfee House, we have always been committed to providing our guests a clean, safe and enjoyable visit. As guests preferences have changed and for the comfort of all our guests we now offer our guests different options for how amenities are offered. In addition to our served breakfast in the dining room and patio, we now offer room service. We will not enter your room for housekeeping unless requested. Self check-in is available upon request.
- Guest rooms amenities: Keurig machine, refrigerator, wine glasses, corkscrew, iron, ironing board, toiletries, hairdryer, extra blanket and robe. Beach towels are available upon request.
- A full gourmet breakfast is served each morning from 8:30 to 9:30, coffee and tea available beginning at 8am. You may enjoy breakfast delivered to your room or served on the guest patio or dining room.
- Afternoon baked treats and snacks are available each day.
- Our commitment to cleanliness has always been a top priority. Guest rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between guest stays. Once you have checked-in, we will not have anyone enter your room to clean unless it is requested.
- Check-in is from 3 to 6 PM. In addition to in-person check-in we will now be offering self check-in if you prefer. Advance arrangements must be made for self check-in and check-ins after 6 PM. Check-out is by 11am.
- Complimentary wifi is provided.
- Off-street parking is provided, one space per room.
- In accordance with state fire law, there is no smoking or vaping allowed in the Samuel Durfee House and the use of candles is not permitted in guest bedrooms.
- All of our guest rooms can only accommodate two guests.
- Children over 8 are welcome.
- We do not accept pets.
- The Samuel Durfee House is air conditioned in the summer months.
To guarantee your reservation a 50% deposit per room booked, is required. If booking less than 21 days in advance, the full total will be charged. A refund less $30 cancellation fee per room cancelled will be issued if cancelled 21 days or more in advance of the date of arrival. If you cancel less than 3 weeks (21 days) in advance of the date of arrival, we will issue a refund (less $30 fee) if we are able to rebook the entire cost of the reservation. Last minute cancellations are not always easy to rebook and as a small business, greatly affect us. If you need to cancel less than 3 weeks in advance, the more notice you give us, the better chance we have of rebooking your room thus allowing us to refund (or partially refund) your deposit. There is no refund for no-shows or for early departure.
We do not allow groups to book more than two rooms without prior consent from the innkeepers.