Inn Amenities & Policies
We are fully open and offering breakfast served in our dining room, on the guest patio or delivered to your room!
Inn Amenities & Policies: At the Samuel Durfee House, we have always been committed to providing our guests a clean, safe and enjoyable visit. Due to Covid-19, we are altering and changing our policies, including how amenities are offered, to ensure our guests receive the highest standards of safety and care. We are following CDC guidelines and the State and local regulations.
- Guests are required to wear a face mask when entering and exiting the inn and in all halls and common areas. A mask is not required in common areas if you show proof of full vaccination.
- Coffee and tea is available in your guest room using Keurig machines for you to enjoy when you please. Also, all guest rooms have a refrigerator, wine glasses, corkscrew, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, extra blanket and robe.
- A full gourmet breakfast is served each morning. We are currently offering breakfast delivered to your room or served on the guest patio or dining room.
- In lieu of communal afternoon refreshments, afternoon baked treats are delivered to your room.
- Beach towels are available upon request.
- Our commitment to cleanliness has always been a top priority. Guest rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between guest stays. Once you have checked-in, we will not have anyone enter your room to clean unless it is requested. Guest common areas and surfaces are cleaned and sanitized several times a day. Hand sanitizer is available in common area locations.
- Check-in is from 3 to 6 PM. In addition to in-person check-in (contactless with social distancing in place and sanitized keys), we will now be offering self check-in if you prefer. Advance arrangements must be made for self check-in and check-ins after 6 PM. In order to enable contactless payment, we will be charging your card the balance due on the day of arrival. Check-out is by 11am.
- Complimentary wifi is provided.
- Off-street parking is provided, one space per room.
- In accordance with state fire law, there is no smoking or vaping allowed in the Samuel Durfee House and the use of candles is not permitted in guest bedrooms.
- Children 8 and over are welcome.
- We do not accept pets.
- The Samuel Durfee House is air conditioned in the summer months.
- All of our guest rooms can only accommodate two adults except for the Doris Duke Suite which can accommodate up to 3 people with advance notice, there is an additional fee per person per night over 2 people. The Harrison Suite can accommodate two adults and one child age 8-17, for an additional fee.
Updated cancellation policy due to COVID-19 for reservations made for arrival through June 30, 2021: To guarantee your reservation a one night deposit per room booked, is required. If you need to cancel, you may do so up to 1 week before the arrival date and receive a refund less $25 cancellation fee per room cancelled. The cancellation fee will be waived if you choose to receive your refund in the form of a gift certificate to the Samuel Durfee House for a future visit. If you cancel less than a week in advance of the date of arrival, we will only issue a refund (less $25 fee) if we are able to rebook the entire cost of the reservation. There is no refund for no-shows or for early departure.
Policy effective for reservations after 6/30/2021: To guarantee your reservation a one night deposit per room booked, is required. A refund less $25 cancellation fee per room cancelled will be issued if cancelled 21 days or more in advance of the date of arrival. If cancelled less than 21 days in advance a refund (less $25 fee) will only be given if we are able to rebook the entire cost of the reservation. There is no refund for no-shows or early departure.
We do not allow groups to book more than two rooms without prior consent from the innkeepers. If you are interested in booking the entire inn, please contact us. We only allow whole house rentals from November through April.