We love to share the top-rated Newport, RI restaurants with our guests every year, particularly because we know finding fantastic new places to eat is one of the best things about getaways. Luckily, we’re blessed with plenty of spectacular Newport, RI, restaurants that will surely have your mouth watering at the mere thought of dining there.
Newport, RI is a self-proclaimed foodie town with a diverse range of restaurants worth trying. There’s plenty of great seafood here, of course, thanks to our location right on Narragansett Bay, but you’ll find a lot more to love than seafood in the best Newport, RI restaurants. As much as we all might like to, you can’t spend your entire getaway eating – so we’re happy to help you round out your trip with some of the best things to do in Newport, RI while you’re here.
As you enjoy the best of Newport this fall, we’d love to serve as your home away from home. Our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast is a perfect choice. We’re located a block from the harbor and all the top Newport, RI restaurants, not to mention within easy reach of popular Thames Street and Bellevue Avenue. Everything you love about this exciting getaway destination is at your fingertips. Book your stay at our Newport RI Bed and Breakfast today!
The Best Newport, RI Restaurants Right Now
There are definitely some tried and true favorites among Newport, RI restaurants that continue to make our list of the best of the best. However, there are often great new restaurants opening in town that we love recommending to our guests – especially those who have stayed with us a few times. Where you land, there truly are endless opportunities for dining out in town – and it depends on what you’re in the mood for!
Whether you’re looking for a quick bite in between adventures or craving a sophisticated and romantic dining experience, there’s something here for everyone. Below, we’ve compiled a list of our ten current favorite Newport, RI restaurants,
- If we had to choose just one of the great Newport, RI restaurants to feature, it would be Bouchard Restaurant, located on Thames Street. It’s our favorite place to celebrate special occasions and enjoy a special night out. They serve gourmet French cuisine, and the ambiance is simply divine. Mind the dress code and make your reservations well in advance.
- Another favorite when it comes to classic Newport, RI restaurants is the Clarke Cook House – a spot well known for its innovative and sensational cuisine.
- If waterfront views get you in the romantic mood, head to 22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grille.
- If you’re looking for an upscale evening, don’t miss your chance to dine at the oldest tavern in the country, White Horse Tavern. You will definitely want reservations for this popular destination.
- The Fifth Element is another top-tier choice for Newport, RI restaurants. Their menu is diverse, including a range of seafood and land-based items, and their lamb poutine gets pretty rave reviews!
- If you’re in the mood for some unusual but delicious Italian-inspired cuisine, don’t miss Giusto’s.
- For something new, head to Diego’s on Bowen’s Wharf. It’s an excellent choice for laid-back dining, and its menu offers some delicious west-coast-inspired cuisine and some of the best cocktails in town.
- If you’re in the mood for a classic plate of a Newport staple, don’t miss the fish and chips at The Mooring, one of the Newport, RI restaurants that’s considered a local institution.
- As we mentioned, there’s more to Newport, RI restaurants than great seafood and high-end cuisine. You can also enjoy some fantastic ramen at Yagi Noodles.
- Finally, dig into the modern Mexican fare at Perro Salado, and you’ll understand why this incredible spot has been delighting diners for more than 15 years.
Relax at our Bed and Breakfast in Newport, RI
While you’re enjoying eating your way through these fabulous Newport, RI restaurants and having fun with all the other things to do in Newport, RI, you’ll need a comfortable place to call home at the end of the day. There’s no better place to stay in Newport, RI than our upscale Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast.
Our Newport Bed and Breakfast is a small, intimate property offering just five luxuriously appointed guest rooms. You’ll never be surrounded by the large, noisy crowds you’d find at bigger hotel chains. Each morning of your stay, we’ll treat you to a delicious breakfast from 8:45-10:00 in our formal dining room. It’s so good that you probably won’t need to eat again – or at least eat much – until dinner at one of these fabulous Newport, RI restaurants!
You won’t be very far away from the top restaurants and attractions in downtown Newport – just another reason to consider our Inn as your home away from home this fall. Our small boutique size and exceptional hospitality are just a couple of things that set us apart from other Newport, RI Bed and Breakfasts and hotels. Let us take care of you in style this fall. Book a room at our Newport RI Bed and Breakfast this fall.