If we had to choose only one thing to love about this charming seaside town, it might just be the delicious range of seafood restaurants in Newport, RI. Sure, there are plenty of great Newport, RI restaurants to enjoy while here, including those that don’t predominantly feature fresh seafood. However, given our location on the beautiful Narragansett Bay and New England’s legendary reputation for fresh seafood, we think you’d be doing yourself a disservice by not enjoying at least one meal at the top seafood restaurants in Newport, RI.
All that and more is possible when you stay with us at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast, too. We’re located right in the heart of downtown Newport and within walking distance of many of the top Newport, RI restaurants – including those specializing in seafood. That’s not all we’re close to, though. From here, you can easily access some of the top things to do in Newport, RI, including the famed Newport Mansions, the Cliff Walk, local art museums, the best shopping on Thames Street, Bowens Wharf, and beyond, and so much more.
If you’re ready to enjoy the best of this charming, historic city by the sea – and to get your hands on some of the best seafood in New England, it’s time to start planning your upcoming trips to Newport. Book your room at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast today!
7 Amazing Seafood Restaurants in Newport, RI
Newport is a town built for gourmands, offering a diverse range of Newport, RI restaurants worth trying. There’s plenty to love about the food scene here, but the fantastic seafood restaurants in Newport, RI are always at the top of our list. For those of us in Newport, dock-to-table dining is akin to what other locales would call farm-to-table dining.
- If you’re looking for classic New England Seafood, then one of the not-to-miss seafood restaurants in Newport, RI is The Mooring Seafood Kitchen and Bar. The views from here over the bay are also stunning.
- If it’s oysters you love, then one of the best places to get them in town is the Midtown Oyster Bar. They offer more than just a raw bar, though, and have grown to become one of the most popular seafood restaurants in Newport, RI.
- One of our favorite seafood restaurants in Newport, RI is Scales and Shells, a casual eatery that will satisfy not just the seafood lover in you but any accompanying vegetarians you may be traveling with!
- Looking for a relaxed seafood-forward experience? The Lobster Bar is a yummy go-to for casual eats. The vibe may be casual, but the food is excellent, and the views of Newport Harbor are beautiful.
- If you crave a lobster roll, then we can’t recommend the Easton Beach Snack Shack. It’s only open seasonally, but it’s more than worth the wait. Their lobster roll is made with plenty of fresh, chunky lobster and offers a quintessential taste of the best seafood restaurants in Newport, RI.
- Anthony’s seafood also has a claim to fame in the lobster roll world of Newport, RI restaurants. Though it’s not technically located in downtown Newport, it’s close enough to be considered a local favorite.
- Finally, you don’t want to miss a delicious taste of fresh seafood at Benjamin’s Raw Bar. The space is cozy and inviting, the food is always delicious, and the service is excellent. It’s a true gem on Thames Street in downtown Newport, RI.
More Great Newport RI Restaurants for 2023
If you’ve had your fill of the fantastic seafood restaurants in Newport, RI and are looking for something different, don’t fret. There are plenty more fantastic Newport, RI restaurants worth trying while you’re in town, including some tried and true favorites that never disappoint.
Whether you’re looking for a quick bite in between adventures or craving a sophisticated and romantic dining experience, there’s something here for everyone. Below, we’ve listed ten more of the best Newport, RI restaurants to try in 2023.
- For a truly elegant dinner, we highly recommend dining at Castle Hill Inn, a Relaix & Chateau property that consistently earns high marks for its delectable seasonal dishes and extensive wine list.
- It’s often a staple on our list of favorite Newport, RI restaurants, but any meal at Bouchard Restaurant, located on Thames Street, is worth it. It’s a great choice if you’re looking to celebrate a special night out with your sweetheart.
- The Clarke Cook House is another innovative Newport, RI restaurant worth celebrating.
- For something new, head to Diego’s on Bowen’s Wharf. It offers a tasty range of west-coast-inspired cuisine and a fun menu of always-delicious cocktails.
- Add a little history to your night on the town with an elegant and delicious meal at White Horse Tavern. It’s the oldest tavern in the country!
- The Fifth Element is another top-tier choice for Newport, RI restaurants. Their menu is diverse, including plenty of great seafood and other menu items.
- Don’t miss Giusto’s if you’re in the mood for some unusual but delicious Italian-inspired cuisine.
- If you’re looking for something different from Newport, RI restaurants, particularly if you’re craving international flair, we can’t recommend the ramen at Yagi Noodles enough.
- One of our favorite Newport, RI restaurants for gorgeous waterfront dining is 22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grille.
- For some of the best Mexican in town, head to Perro Salado.
With so many great seafood restaurants in Newport, RI – not to mention all these other exquisite Newport, RI restaurants, it’s time to start planning getaways to this fantastic seaside community. Book your room at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast today!