In a town with 400+ years of history, rebellion, artistry, and innovation, it probably comes as no surprise that there are plenty of great things to do in Newport, RI. Though the city is perhaps best known for its dramatic coastal scenery and magnificent Gilded-Age mansions, there’s so much more to love about this charming seaside town.
With so many great things to do in Newport, RI, you’re going to need a place to stay for a few days to enjoy it all. Luckily, our charming Bed and Breakfast is rated as one of the best places to stay in Newport, RI, and it’s situated near the heart of downtown Newport and close to the top restaurants, shops, and attractions. From here, everything you want to see and do in Newport is within easy walking distance.
Not only will you be well-located to enjoy all the best things to do in Newport, RI, but you’ll be treated to exceptional hospitality and excellent service. As we inch closer to the busy season in Newport, it’s time to plan your upcoming vacations to this bustling seaside city. Book your room at our Newport RI Bed and Breakfast today!
The Best Things to do in Newport RI
There are truly so many wonderful things to do in Newport, RI. The town is about so much more than its magnificent mansions and coastal views – though these things are pretty great, too. Here are the top ten things to do in Newport, RI:
- Walk the storied 3.5-mile scenic Cliff Walk, which runs behind the mansions and above the ocean. You’ll marvel at the stunning coastal views.
- Tour the famed Newport Mansions! Touring these mansions is the best way to get a feel for life as it was once enjoyed by America’s wealthiest families and to appreciate the stunning architectural preservation of these magnificent “summer cottages.”
- Take the scenic Ocean Drive, a 10-mile scenic drive around the island’s southern tip that brings together some of the area’s most beautiful scenery.
- Have a drink at The Lawn at Castle Hill. From here, you’ll enjoy unprecedented views of Narragansett Bay.
- Take a sail around the harbor for a truly quintessential Newport experience. There are several charters and tour companies offering a variety of sailing adventures, including sunset sails.
- Walk, shop, and eat your way through Thames Street, America’s Cup Avenue, and Bellevue Avenue. These streets comprise the heart of downtown Newport.
- Explore Fort Adams, known as the country’s largest, most sophisticated, and most complex coastal fort. Stunning sunsets can also be enjoyed from here!
- Visit Touro Synagogue, the oldest synagogue in America.
- Head to local wineries for wine tasting, or stop into a local brewery for a cold pint of craft brew.
- Spend a relaxing day at the beach. Some of the best beaches in Newport, RI, include Easton’s Beach/First Beach, King Park Beach, Gooseberry Beach, and Fort Adams State Beach.
The Best Place to Stay in Newport RI
As you get ready to enjoy the top things to do in Newport, RI, you’ll need a place to stay. Our Bed and Breakfast offers one of the best places to stay in Newport, RI. We’re located right in the center of town, within easy reach of all the top attractions and activities. Our Newport RI Bed and Breakfast is just a block from the harbor, restaurants, and shops on Thames Street and is 1 1/2 blocks from Bellevue Avenue with its mansions, shops, and the Tennis Hall of Fame.
We offer guests a choice of five thoughtfully decorated guest rooms, each outfitted with a range of high-end amenities. Every stay includes a complimentary breakfast, which is served either in our formal dining room, on the patio in the warmer months, or delivered to your room. Our breakfasts include a rotating selection of hot entrees, in addition to Home baked bread, Fresh seasonal fruit, Delicious Breakfast Potatoes, and Sausage, Bacon, or ham (chef’s choice).
Our breakfasts are the perfect fuel for whatever adventure lies ahead for the day. Are you ready to explore all of the great things to do in Newport? Book your room at our luxurious Newport RI Bed and Breakfast today!