If you’re looking to enjoy the best of Newport, RI, this summer, you need to plan at least one of these fantastic Newport RI sailing tours. Sailing is a quintessential summer experience in Newport, RI. Sailing dates back to the Gilded Age Hey Day when America’s wealthiest families summered at their summer cottages – now known as the magnificent Newport Mansions.
There are a variety of Newport, RI sailing tours to choose from, not to mention plenty of other great things to do in Newport, Rhode Island. Whether you’re here to tour the Newport Mansions, play a round or two of tennis at the International Tennis Hall of Fame, or soak in the majestic coastal beauty on the Newport Cliff Walk, you won’t have a moment to be bored. You’ll need several days to enjoy it, too, so you should stay at our centrally-located Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast.
Our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast is centrally located in downtown Newport, within walking distance of many top attractions. The Newport Harbor, where many of the best Newport, RI sailing tours depart, is just a short walk away. If you’re ready for an unforgettable summer adventure, book your room at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast today.
The Best Newport, RI Sailing Tours
In a city surrounded by water, it probably comes as no surprise that sailing is one of the top-rated things to do. Newport is considered one of the leading sailing capitals in the world, and, accordingly, there are several Newport, RI sailing tours to choose from. Newport is also home to the largest fleet of America’s Cup 12 Meters, which are used to race in the epic America’s Cup sailing race that dates back to 1851.
Whether you’re looking to experience the joy of sailing one of these fantastic racing vessels or would like to charter more relaxing Newport, RI sailing tours, there’s something here for everyone. Regardless of your choice, these Newport, RI sailing tours offer you an unparalleled experience to sail the breathtakingly beautiful Narragansett Bay and experience a time-honored New England tradition. Below, you’ll find a roundup of some of the best Newport, RI sailing tours to consider.
Sail Newport is one of the leading operators of Newport, RI Sailing tours. They offer a range of sailing tours, including private charters, ticketed cruises with a limited number of passengers, and spectacular sunset cruises. Sail Newport offers cruises on one of two boats; the Sloop Eleanor or the Schooner Adirondack II.
Both of these old-world yachts offer an unprecedented experience on the waters surrounding Newport. Most Newport, RI sailing tours with Sail Newport are 1.5 – 2 hours.
Another leading operator for Newport, RI sailing tours is Sightsailing Newport. They offer a variety of excursions, including day sails, sunset sails, and private charters aboard one of the three vessels. Whichever adventure you choose, you can expect to sail past plenty of spectacular scenery, including beautiful harbor-side estates, world-famous yachts, and picturesque lighthouses.
Their fleet includes the Aquidneck, a beautiful 80′ schooner, Sightsailer, perfect for small groups of 2 – 13, and Starlight, which is meant for small private Newport, RI sailing tours for groups of 2 – 6.
If setting sail on one of the legendary winners of America’s Cup is on your bucket list, then America’s Cup Charters is the tour operator for you. They offer the largest fleet of America’s Cup 12 meters for a day on the water. You can book a private charter of these impressive sailboats and get an authentic racing experience, or you can partake in one of their ticketed Newport, RI sailing tours for a more relaxed experience.
More Great Things to do in Newport This Summer
We could spend day after day enjoying these Newport, RI sailing adventures. The scenery is unbeatable, and the feeling of the wind in your hair and the fresh salty sea air in your lungs is beyond compare. However, sailing is one of the many great things to do in Newport, RI.
When you need a break from the water, there’s plenty more to keep you occupied. Here are a few more of our favorite things to do in Newport, RI, this summer.
- Walk the storied 3.5-mile scenic Cliff Walk, which runs behind the mansions and above the ocean. You’ll marvel at the stunning coastal views.
- Tour the famed Newport Mansions! Touring these mansions is the best way to get a feel for life as America’s wealthiest families once enjoyed it and to appreciate the stunning architectural preservation of these magnificent “summer cottages.”
- Take the scenic Ocean Drive, a 10-mile drive around the island’s southern tip that brings together some of the area’s most beautiful scenery.
- Have a drink at The Lawn at Castle Hill. From here, you’ll enjoy unprecedented views of Narragansett Bay.
- Walk, shop, and eat your way through Thames Street, America’s Cup Avenue, and Bellevue Avenue. These streets comprise the heart of downtown Newport.
- Explore Fort Adams, the country’s largest, most sophisticated, and most complex coastal fort. Stunning sunsets can also be enjoyed from here!
- Head to local wineries for wine tasting, or stop into a local brewery for a cold pint of craft brew.
- Spend a relaxing day at the beach. Some of the best beaches in Newport, RI, include Easton’s Beach/First Beach, King Park Beach, Gooseberry Beach, and Fort Adams State Beach.
With several days’ worth of fun on the horizon, there’s never been a better time to plan your trip to the beautiful coastal town of Newport, Rhode Island. Book your room at our #1-rated Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast today!