From its iconic mansions and stunning Cliff Walk to the breathtaking waters of Narragansett Bay, there are so many fantastic things to do in Newport, RI. As we finally emerge from a cold New England winter, the season for getaways and memorable trips is just getting started – and there’s truly nowhere better to spend some time this year than with us at our top-rated Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast. Not only is our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast well-located near all the best things to do in Newport, RI, but we offer incomparable hospitality and a dedication to excellence uncommon in modern hotel chains.
Newport, Rhode Island, is a town that thoroughly embraces its storied past. There are more than 400 years of history here, including plenty of rebellion, opulence, artistry, and innovation. This history is on display everywhere you turn, and is, at least in part, why there are so many great things to do in Newport, RI. Of course, Newport is also a town with breathtaking coastal scenery that lends itself to its own range of pursuits.
This charming seaside town has everything you’re looking for in a getaway. From great restaurants and wineries to top-rated museums and attractions, we’d love to show you the best of Newport. All it takes is one stay with us at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast and you’ll fall in love with this coastal destination. Are you ready to get out and explore? Book your room at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast today!
The Best Things to do in Newport, RI, in 2023
The Gilded-Age mansions of Newport’s past stand as beautiful reminders of Newport’s status as a great getaway destination. These mansions were, after all, the famed “summer cottages” of some of America’s wealthiest families. These homes were their respite from the fast-paced world of the country’s emerging cities, and with so much awe-inspiring coastal beauty everywhere you turn, it’s easy to see why the town grew in popularity from there.
Today, Newport is still known as a charming City by the Sea, with the waters hailing avid sailors and fisherman year after year. But more than the surrounding waterways, the town of Newport has grown into a thriving cultural destination to a modern oasis. Today, there are so many great things to do in Newport, RI, for just about every kind of traveler. Just don’t forget about one of the absolute best things to do in Newport, RI – relaxing at our top-rated Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast!
Below, we’ve compiled a list of ten of our favorite things to do in Newport, RI, which includes many of the city’s top attractions. If you’ve already done these things, we’d be happy to offer you even more suggestions for enjoying our charming City by the Sea, including exploring the area’s top hidden gems!
- We’ve mentioned them already, but no trip to Newport is complete without a visit to the spectacular Gilded Age Mansions in Newport that cemented this town’s legacy as a great place to vacation. Different mansions are open at different periods throughout the year, and each offers a unique glimpse into the grace and elegance of these turn-of-the-century homes.
- If you’re more interested in just admiring the exterior of these mansions while at the same time enjoying some of the best coastal scenery in town, then don’t miss the 3.5-mile Newport Cliff Walk. There’s a reason this attraction continues to rank as one of the best things to do in Newport, RI.
- Do you want to feel like you belong to this storied part of America’s past? Grab a cocktail and enjoy it on The Lawn at Castle Hill. It’s a casual but elegant experience and offers some of the best views of Narragansett Bay.
- Feel like taking a gorgeous drive with the salty sea air whipping through your hair? You can find that on the 10-mile Ocean Drive, one of New England’s best scenic coastal drives!
- Apart from the Gilded Age luxury on display in Newport, the town also has an extensive Tennis legacy. The International Tennis Hall of Fame is located here, and having the opportunity to play on the famed outdoor courts that once held what is now the US Open is one of the top-rated things to do in Newport, RI.
- There’s little doubt in our mind that sailing – and watching sailing competitions – is one of the best things to do in Newport, RI. Hop aboard one of the best Newport, RI Sailing Charters, and enjoy an unforgettable experience on the waters around Newport.
- We can’t talk about all the great things to do in Newport without mentioning the many fantastic places to eat. Get fresh seafood at the top Seafood Restaurants in Newport, RI, or venture into one of the other fantastic Newport Restaurants, too.
- Enjoy a warm, sunny afternoon sipping great local wine at the top Newport Wineries.
- Want to catch a gorgeous sunset and maybe even explore Newport’s history while you’re at it? Don’t miss the chance to visit Fort Adams, one of the top-rated things to do in Newport, RI, and the country’s largest and most complex coastal fort.
- Don’t miss your chance to visit the top-rated beaches in Newport, RI, a classic way to spend a summer afternoon.
Stay at the Best Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast
This is an excellent list of things to do in Newport, RI, but we haven’t even had a chance to mention the fantastic shopping found along Thames Street or Bowen’s Wharf, not to mention the Newport Art Museum and so many more great attractions and activities. If you want to enjoy the best of Newport with us this year, there’s only one thing left to do; book a room at our top-rated Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast.
Our guests consistently rank our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast as one of the best places to stay in Newport, and there’s a good reason for it. We’re well situated to allow our guests to enjoy all the top-rated things in Newport, RI, of course, but it goes far beyond our great location. We offer exceptional hospitality with truly personalized service and pride ourselves on our attention to detail and the guest experience. This dedication to excellence sets us apart from an otherwise crowded lodging market in town.
We offer guests five thoughtfully decorated guest rooms; each outfitted with a range of high-end amenities. Every stay includes a complimentary breakfast, served either in our formal dining room, on the patio in the warmer months, or delivered to your room. But that’s where the similarities to other properties end. See what sets our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast apart from the rest, and book your room today!