Summer is undeniably one of the best times of year to visit our downtown Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast. It’s a season made for relaxing days at the beach, sunny days on the water, feasts of fresh seafood, summer concerts, wine tastings, salty sea air whipping through your hair, and so much more. Summer is also a busy time of year to visit us in downtown Newport.
Conversely, fall is a delightful yet much more quiet season to visit our charming seaside town. You can still enjoy many of the same activities as in the summer but with fewer crowds and a more relaxed pace to the days. Take your time touring the Gilden Age splendor at the Newport Mansions, enjoy romantic sunset sails on Narragansett Bay, and mill around downtown Newport, RI’s delightful array of shops, restaurants, and more.
Elevate your stay to the next level by booking a room at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast. We offer five unique rooms in our beautifully restored historic home, and we’re just a short 3-minute walk from everything you want and need in downtown Newport. Few things beat a restful getaway to our charming Inn. Book your room at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast today!
Shopping + More in Downtown Newport, RI
Though the yacht-filled Newport harbor and the magnificent Gilded Age Mansions are among the most popular attractions in Newport, it’s hard to visit this charming coastal town without spending time browsing the shops and indulging in the many restaurants lining the streets of downtown Newport, RI. But it’s not just a destination for shopping and eating.
Downtown Newport is also filled with fantastic attractions worth seeing while you’re in town. And when you stay with us at our top-rated Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast, you’re just a short walk away from the best of downtown Newport. Regardless of the season you visit, there’s something for everyone in downtown Newport.
If you love to shop, you’ll want to head to Thames Street, the main shopping area in downtown Newport, RI. It’s a spectacular place to find unique, one-of-a-kind gifts. Shoppers should also visit the bustling wharves or duck down one of the charming cobblestoned walkways in downtown Newport.
You can also stroll Spring Street, which runs parallel to Thames Street, or head to Franklin Street, just a few steps from downtown Newport for unique and curated boutiques. Finally, if high-end retailers are calling you, don’t miss the shopping on historic Bellevue Avenue.
While you’re enjoying all the shopping, take the time to stop into one of Newport’s fantastic eateries. Downtown Newport has incredible restaurants ranging from simple budget eats to high-end, upscale cuisine. With fewer crowds, fall is the perfect time to get a table at the top Newport restaurants.
Downtown Newport is also home to various museums, including the Newport Art Museum, the International Tennis Hall of Fame, and many more. Moreover, just off Bellevue Avenue in downtown Newport, you’ll find easy access to some of the city’s most famous mansions.
More Things to Do in Newport, RI
As much as we love dining out and shopping on the bustling streets of downtown Newport, these are just a few things this charming city has to offer. Whether you’re here for a quick visit or an extended vacation, you’ll love our easy location in downtown Newport. It affords you easy access to not just the best shopping and restaurants but many of the top things to do in Newport, RI, too.
Beyond shopping, dining out, and enjoying the cozy vibes of downtown Newport this winter, we’ve listed a few more of our favorite things to do in Newport, RI this fall.
- Visiting the famed Newport Mansions – there’s a reason the Mansions are at the top of every list of things to do in Newport, RI.
- Bundle up and take a walk on the historic Newport Cliff Walk. Spot the Mansions from a different vantage point and admire the breathtaking coastal scenery. The Cliff Walk is simply gorgeous in every season!
- If you’d rather not brave the elements this fall, you can still enjoy jaw-dropping coastal views from the warmth of your car. Simply head out to the 10-mile scenic Ocean Drive.
- Head to the Castle Hill Lighthouse and enjoy one of the most iconic views of Newport, RI.
- If you need an indoor activity for a rainy day, consider visiting the Newport Art Museum or the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
- Fall is a great time to visit the best vineyards and wineries in Newport, RI for a delicious wine tasting.
- For a simple adventure on the Newport Harbor, hop on the Newport Harbor Shuttle.
- Spend an Afternoon at Fort Adams State Park.
There’s so much to love about downtown Newport; we’d love to share it with you this fall. Book your room at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast today!