Newport, RI, is the perfect location to get away and relax. Are you looking for places to stay in Newport, RI, this year? At Samuel Durfee House, we are here to provide you with all the amenities that you would need for a relaxing or adventurous trip in 2022.
Our Bed and Breakfast is in the perfect location, walking distance of many fine restaurants and popular sightseeing activities. Our hospitality is unmatched by any other places to stay in Newport, RI. There are so many things to do this year in Newport. Let us help you discover this magical city.
Our Bed and Breakfast offers luxury accommodations that match the elegance of this fantastic city. We serve our guests gourmet breakfast every morning and a delightful afternoon snack to nourish you before heading out for a lovely dinner. Let us demonstrate why we are one of the best places to stay in Newport, RI, and book your stay with us today!
Why Stay at our Newport, RI Bed and Breakfast
There are numerous reasons why our luxury Bed and Breakfast is one of the best places to stay in Newport, RI. Not only is our location great for all of the upcoming adventures, but our Bed & Breakfast itself is a treat. Let us take you on a journey of possible things for you and your loved one to do around our lovely city, and we will share why our B & B is the perfect fit for you.
- Newport Mansions-There are numerous mansions sprinkled throughout Newport. We will discuss the iconic mansions currently open to the public. The Breakers is now open daily from 10 am-4 pm. The breathtaking Breakers “summer cottage” was completed in 1895, and the Vanderbilt family first occupied it in the summer of that year. A true stunner and a must-see this year. Rosecliff is currently closed to the public but is available for private event rental. Nevada silver heiress Theresa Fair Oelrichs commissioned this lovely estate in 1899. Stanford White (architect) modeled Rosecliff after the Grand Trianon, the garden retreat of French kings at Versailles. You can check here for the most current availability of the Newport mansions. These iconic mansions are just minutes away from our Bed and Breakfast.
- Visit wineries and breweries-Newport Vineyards offers the best of both worlds and aims to please wine and beer connoisseurs. With over 50-acres of vines, Newport Vineyards prides itself on a robust portfolio of estate-grown wines perfected for more than 25 years. Their sister company, The Taproot Brewing Company, serves unfiltered hop-forward beers made in small batches. Tasty snacks, meals to share, entrees, and scrumptious desserts are served Friday through Sunday, or simply pick up a bottle of wine or well-crafted brews to take back to our cozy B & B for shared intimate moments.
- When you’re ready to enjoy a delicious meal out, head to Bouchard Restaurant. They were just named one of Open Tables’ Top 100 restaurants, and it just so happens to be located close to the Inn. This proximity to excellent restaurants is just one more reason we’re one of the best places to stay in Newport, RI!
- Ocean Drive-This scenic route stretches 10 miles along the Atlantic Ocean shoreline. You will find yourself captivated by views around every corner. The highlight of this drive is Brenton Point State Park. The park offers picnicking facilities, hiking paths, fishing, and kite flying. In fact, this park is home to the Annual Newport Kite Festival.
- Cliff walk-Another reason why our B & B is one of the best places to stay in Newport, RI, is the proximity to the stunning cliff walk. Take a stroll with your special someone along this peaceful 3.5-mile walk. Enjoy the panoramic ocean views, crashing waves, and ocean breeze as you enrobe yourself in RI’s natural beauty.
One of the Very Best Places to Stay in Newport RI
As you can see, there is no shortage of things to do or places to dine and sip in Newport, RI. Our Bed and Breakfast is one of the best places to stay in Newport, RI, and offers you and your sweetheart the perfect space to share in some quiet downtime in one of our well-appointed guest rooms. We provide all of the comforts you need with our luxurious sheets and plush robes. Some of our guest rooms come with a fireplace, private deck, or whirlpool spa. Sip on local wine varietals while cozied up in your room.
We will serve you our complimentary gourmet breakfast every morning. You have the choice to have your meal served to you in our dining room, guest patio, or brought to your room. We will serve baked treats delivered to your room to enjoy in the afternoon. Free WIFI is always included in your stay with us. Let us take care of you in 2022 and show you why we are one of the best places to stay in Newport, RI. Book now and enjoy this gorgeous retreat!