Newport is, perhaps, most famous for the gilded age mansions and the gorgeous Cliff Walk that hugs the surrounding bay, but the waters of Narragansett Bay are also a prized destination for sailing. With so much beautiful water surrounding us, it’s probably not a surprise that there are also some great Newport, RI beaches to enjoy in the summer. Much of the coastline in Newport is rocky, but there are plenty of great seaside spots and sandy beaches to enjoy both right here in town and further afield.
A relaxing day at Newport, RI beaches contrast your summer getaways, especially as you take a break from Mansions visits and walks on the Cliff Walk. One of the best Newport, RI beaches is just over a mile from our Bed and Breakfast in Newport, and there are even more fabulous beaches further afield in towns like Middletown. However you plan to enjoy your summer in this charming coastal destination, there’s no better place to stay than our Bed and Breakfast in Newport, RI.
Our Bed and Breakfast is in a quiet, historic house in downtown Newport. We’re near some of the top attractions in town, including the International Tennis Hall of Fame, the Audrain Auto Museum, and Kingscote, one of the famed Mansions in Newport. We offer guests a fantastic, central location from which to explore Newport and exquisite hospitality throughout your stay. Book your room today!
Relax at These Amazing Newport, RI Beaches
The famed mansions in Newport were built here as summer “cottages” for America’s wealthiest families during the heyday of the Gilden Age. In part, Newport was far enough away from every life in the city, but it also afforded these families a beautiful, sun-drenched summer vacation destination to whisk off to. There are more than 400 miles of coastline to enjoy here, affording these families exquisite views and access to the pristine waters of the surrounding bays.
With so many miles of shoreline, it’s no surprise the area boasts some great Newport, RI beaches. These Newport, RI beaches offer a fantastic place to sink your toes into the warm sand with your favorite Beach read in tow. Enjoy the gentle sea breezes, which provide just the right amount of cooling under the heat of the summer sun, and feel the gentle lap of the Atlantic around your ankles.
Visiting Newport, RI beaches is a summer tradition we delight in sharing with our guests. We’ve listed our favorite Newport, RI beaches below, as well as some of the top beaches in surrounding areas if you find yourself craving a broader adventure.
- One of the most popular Newport, RI beaches also happens to be the largest and one of the closest beaches to us, Easton’s Beach (aka First Beach). Easton’s Beach is just over a mile from our Bed and Breakfast in Newport and offers surf gentle enough for boogie boarding and swimming alike. It also marks the start of the famed Cliff Walk so you can stretch your legs midway through the day.
- Gooseberry Beach and its neighboring (but private) Hazard Beach are located a short drive away and just off the famed Ocean Drive. These Newport, RI beaches are famous for surfing and windsurfing year-round but also offer a great place to swim and play in the sand. Daily passes are required to drive and park at the Beach. Otherwise, you’ll need to walk or take public transit to the Beach.
- For a great swimming beach, head to Fort Adams State Beach within the state park. This is one of the best Newport, RI beaches for watching the comings and goings of the Newport Harbor. The waters here are calm, and there’s a roped-off swimming area.
If you have a car and plan to venture beyond downtown Newport for the day, there are a few more fantastic beaches worth visiting. These include:
- Sachuest (Second) Beach and Third Beach in Middletown. Second Beach is particularly special as it provides access to the Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge.
- In Jamestown, the quiet and secluded Mackerel Cove is located near Beavertail State Park.
- If you’re looking for an excellent beach for watersports, such as kayaking and paddleboarding, head to Fogland Beach in Tiverton.
The Best Summer Getaway at our Bed and Breakfast in Newport
Whether you’re planning to spend your days relaxing at these Newport, RI beaches, touring the local mansions in Newport, walking the Cliff Walk, or combinations of all three, we think you’ll love what summers are made of here in Newport. Of course, there are plenty more things to do in Newport, RI, and our centrally located Bed and Breakfast is the perfect home away from home to enjoy all of them.
Our Bed and Breakfast in Newport is far from a traditional hotel – in all the best ways! We offer just five well-decorated guest rooms. Each guest room is unique, but all come equipped with all the modern amenities you crave during your time away from home. Each is appointed with the modern amenities even the most discerning travelers want from their stay.
Each morning of your stay, we’ll treat our guests to a delicious and hearty breakfast served either in our formal dining room, on the patio in the warmer months, or delivered to your room. Our breakfast selections rotate frequently but provide the perfect fuel for the adventure ahead. Join us for a summer of fun. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in Newport today!